The Final Dough-Down: Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts Brand Comparison

The last few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind! With school, work, projects, extracurriculars, friends, family and internship-hunting, junior ear has been my busiest tear of college thus far. I've been thoroughly enjoying this year, but sometimes at the cost of my sleep and sanity. Despite the challenges this year has presented to me, I've really enjoyed my core marketing classes and the topics we've been learning about. 

For my social media marketing class, our major project was a brand comparison paper. For this project, we were tasked with selecting two brands in the same industry and analyzing their social media presence. We were then tasked with picking an overall "winner," deciding which does a better job reaching its target market. As an avid donut enthusiast, my mind immediately went tho the two fast-food donut kingpins: Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts.

With all that said, I would love for you (and anyone else) to read it! If you have any feedback (positive or negative), I would really appreciate hearing from you so I can incorporate your thoughts into my future projects. I have included a link to my work right here; hope you enjoy!

Executive Summary: Anyone who knows donuts is familiar with the two kingpins of the industry: Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme. While seemingly familiar, the donut mavericks have many differentiating qualities. Known for offering as assortment of donut flavors as well as coffee, Dunkin' Donuts branched out early on in the franchise's history to offer additional menu items such as breakfast sandwiches and pastries, whereas Krispy Kreme stuck to their niche. Both companies have considerable involvement on their social media platforms in which they utilizes their platforms when rallying attention around national events, news releases, and exclusive offers their chain is currently promoting. In this brand comparison and analysis, I will go through the histories, mobile applications, rewards programs, and social media usage for the two competitors to see who is best captivating the audience's attention and meeting their needs. 

Comments